BRD wallet is a simple and secure onramp to bitcoin, ethereum, XRP, and other digital currencies. BRD users can also purchase crypto assets using a variety of methods, including credit cards, in-person purchases at a bitcoin ATM, or a convenience store and convert it into other digital assets.
Xpring invested in BRD
In October, Xpring announced an investment in BRD. Xpring invested $750,000 to enable BRD to implement the XRP Ledger and allow its customers to hold, buy/sell, spend, and send XRP to anyone in the world.
Blockset is a B2B solution, allowing enterprises to reimagine how they can incorporate blockchain technology into their businesses. It is in production and ready for enterprise use, and “over 20 financial titans are currently evaluating Blockset in a private pre-release program, including SBI Holdings, PayPal, KPMG, and Ripple’s developer initiative, Xpring.”
Blockset provides three key components:
- BlockchainDB — an enterprise-grade, unified API with a guaranteed uptime of 99.999%
- WalletKit — a mobile SDK for building trusted custody solutions
- ChainOps — professional services for deploying, hosting, and maintaining blockchains
Some of the common solutions that can be built on Blockset are:
- Custodial services: banks, asset managers, and funds can now satisfy customer requests for investing in cryptoassets.
- Commercial Block Explorers: obtain clean blockchain data to help ensure clients on the exact status of a transaction. Show how many confirmations a transaction has, or show if it is still pending in a node’s mempool. Create multi-address input to view transaction information of multiple transactions at once.
- Permissioned blockchains: commonly referred to as private blockchains, or in the case where multiple companies want to share certain data, ‘consortium’ blockchains, we can aggregate and normalize private chain data into the BlockchainDB unified API.
- Data analysis for investors: speculators and investors can gain real-time insights in which chains have more transaction volume, hash power, average transaction fees, and overall interest from the community. Using webhooks we can push virtually any desired data you may need.
- Data analysis for compliance: governments, private investigation companies, or technology firms looking to enter the chain analysis niche can take advantage of our offering by having it jumpstart their entire infrastructure and setup for analyzing clean, normalized blockchain data.
- And much more…we are excited to see the creativity that developers will bring to the industry and hope they use our data solutions to their fullest potential.
As part of the launch, Blockset includes support for XRP, which will help enable more developers with access to the XRP Ledger as they build their applications. Blockset uses XRP libraries maintained by Xpring to help reduce the complexity of integration.
It will be interesting to see what kind of solutions will be built on Blockset and how it will affect the XRP ecosystem.
XRP supported on the BRD wallet
At the same time, in response to growing demand from its customers for access to more digital assets, specifically those with proven use cases, BRD has also added support for XRP to its wallet, making XRP available to more than 3 million users in 170 countries. On February 14th, XRP is live for all iOS users with Android to follow.
BRD Co-Founder Aaron Voisine spoke about BRD and XRP in a recent short clip: